Monday, August 8, 2016

Mon, Aug 8, 2016 1:20 pm God is there. Every time.

Dear family and friends,

What a week. It seems like the harder we try. The harder Satan tries. But really, all is well. Everything is better than just well, everything is awesome. Everything IS awesome. Haha. It has been such a special, sacred week for me. I love working here in Kelowna. I love that as we work for the Lord, He works on us. We have had many tender mercies this week. 






Something I have learned recently is that as we speak to Heavenly Father in sincere prayer, we will feel Him near. Every single time. This week as been a continued refiner's fire for me. I'm pleased with it though because I have learned more than ever before just how much I need Heavenly Father. When we don't feel strong enough to stand, we must kneel. We need to feel close to our Father because every time He comforts, uplifts, and carries us. He sends His Spirit to remind us of His Beloved Son Jesus Christ. I love to picture the Savior kneeling by me as I pray. A few weeks ago I caught myself feeling somewhat down, I immediately went to my room to pray. Once I realized what I was doing, I was in awe. That is now my first response when I feel down. I go to my knees because I know when I stand up, I feel so much better. Heavenly Father truly loves us so much. He wants to hear from us. And we can talk to Him through sincere prayer. That is true.

Happy Faces!





Hermana Hoth, Esplin, Patricia
We have had a great week. Our investigator, Jenny, is progressing so much. When we met her, she didn't believe in God. Her faith is growing. She made comments like, 'I don't think God would want that" and "they don't believe in the God that we believe in". She now believes in God and we can see her faith growing and growing. Please pray for her!




Sister Cadorette, Sister Hoth & Sister Esplin, Cheri




Brandy has been having a rough week. She had a seizure at the beginning and we weren't able to see her at all. But she did want a priesthood blessing, so we sent the elders over there. They said it was a really spiritual experience!

Haha, we accidentally set our recent convert Rick up on a date. We found a newer member to come to our lesson with him so she could bear her testimony. Well apparently they like each other and there is like a 30 year gap between them. We are feeling pretty weird about it so we decided to not bring her to lessons anymore. Then on Sunday, Rick comes up to us at the end and said, "Andrea is coming over tonight." We just had shocked faces  and then he said, "SO THERE!!!" With a huge grin on his face. We are dying about it. So funny. We are not match makers...we will leave that job to the YSA missionaries. 



Jean & Sister Hoth
Cheri, Rick, Sister Hoth

So...we are still smiling. ALL the time. Like almost every second...or at least trying to. Even though we got food poisoned last night. So painful. 

Emily, Robinette, Gertie, Sandra Stevenson
Ricks, Gregory, Esplin, Hoth







Anyways, we are looking forward to a week full of miracles. We expect miracles because we are doing the Lord's work! I know that Jesus Christ is working with us. He is lifting us up so that we can lift others up. Always remember that! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I have been studying about it and praying about it. It just fills me with the Spirit. Every time. I know that like what Joseph Smith said is true, "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone to our religion, and that a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book." So true. I know that Book of Mormon holds all together. So if you are struggling with your testimony...read the Book of Mormon EVERY DAY. If it is true...the rest is true. Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith is His prophet. And we are in Jesus Christ's true church. I know it is all true. I love the Spirit!



Love you all. Thank you for your love and support and letters. It means the world to me. Thank you for being with me every step of the way. 


   Love,  Hermana Hoth    

Patricia







No comments:

Post a Comment