Monday, July 4, 2016

Mon, Jul 4, 2016 1:10 pm Proud to be an American Latino Canadian. :)

Dear family and friends,

Sister Moore and I have had such a great week being so happy and truly enjoying each moment. We are seeing so many miracles as we have so much faith in the Lord! We often think of this quote to motivate us! I hope it motivates you too!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.” We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "

So one of my goals right now is to love Kelowna more than any of my other areas and love and serve my companion, Sister Moore, more!!! Haha. It is so great because then I find myself giving it all to the Lord. Working harder than ever. Sacrificing more! Loving more! It is just so good!

Brother Burgess grandkids





Canada Day (Ricks, Gregory, Hoth, Moore)

Finding in the woods in Kelowna







Sister Gregory, Sister Moore, Hermana Hoth, Sister Ricks
So this week, I have been studying the gospel of Jesus Christ. I absolutely love morning studies. Those are such sacred moments where I get to talk to my Heavenly Father and He gives me more knowledge and a stronger testimony. I love that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of HAPPINESS! I learned that if we're not joyful, we're not living the Gospel of Jesus Christ completely. We need to take a step back and evaluate ourselves. Do we truly believe in Jesus Christ and put all of our trust in Him? Do we believe that all can be made right through His Atonement? Maybe we need to change and repent and continue doing the things that are good. Maybe we need to fulfill our covenants better. Or maybe we need to not focus so much on enduring to the end, but truly ENJOYING to the end. I love that. So try it out! Evaluate yourselves. Are you truly joyful? Yes...keep doing what you're doing. No....change!:):)
 
Sad day...went to the Kangaroo farm and it was closed. What? Then I got to hold a squirrrrrel!! Because a member owns it! YES WIN! 



So one night Sister Moore and I were needing to plan for tomorrow really fast because we got in late from a lesson or something and so I was like " Okay, we got to hurry! Let's plan like there's no tomorrow!!" Haha, Sister Moore was like, "Perfect, we're done. Let's pray!" So funny. 

Kelowna District: Elders Reams, Wildes,    , Shelley, Kohl, Winegarth, Sisters Hoth, Moore, Ricks, Gregory
Fun time with Sister Gregory! Love her! 




Our car got towed. 
It has been a great experience for me to teach Patricia! She is the sweetest person I have ever met. This week we wanted to review the Book of Mormon with her. So we asked her what the Book of Mormon is. We were kind of expecting her to not really know or just have a simple answer like "it's the word of God." but she was like "Well...I think it's a tool. If we have questions we can open it up and find the answers." We were blown away. That is absolutely true!! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God, through him God restored the gospel of Jesus and His priesthood authority and established His church. Yes, I know all of this is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is evidence of the Restoration. Each time we teach and testify of these truths, we feel the Spirit confirm it. I love having a fresh and living testimony! I challenge all of you to have the same!

PATRICIA!!! LOVE HER!!! 
Holy Smokes we made fro Patricia 

Sister Bonion (in black) and her friend Nora

Carol and her cute grandson! We love them!

Beautiful Kelowna!



I love this scripture! "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18 
Well I hope you all are having a great 4th of July! I sure enjoyed sharing the gospel on Canada Day. Also, it was so weird for me to sing "O Canada" in church yesterday. :) 
Also, this is my first time having a Canadian companion so now I am learning how to say "eh". Pretty great!

Well I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love,
Hermana Hoth




No comments:

Post a Comment