Monday, August 24, 2015

Mon, Aug 24, 2015 The miracle of a grateful heart

Dear everybody,
   
Wow. What didn't we do this week? Sister Wright and I have truly been working and wearing out our lives in the service of God. And we love it. There have been so many miracles as we have chosen to follow the Spirit and look for so many opportunities not only to talk to people, but to minister to them as Christ would. And the greatest blessing and miracle of this week has come from having a grateful heart. One day this week, I realized I wasn't getting out of my mission what I wanted to get out of my mission. I prayed to Heavenly Father, and I soon realized that I will get out of my mission what I put into it. Heavenly Father has placed so many remarkable opportunities for me to grow. So many moments for me to get out of my comfort zone, and hey, that's where the best stories come from anyways. I realized that I was doing my best to take advantage of every moment to teach the gospel, and many moments to ask Heavenly Father for miracles, but hardly anytime to thank Him for all of those miracles that He so willingly gives. Boy, that was humbling. A grateful heart is a happy heart. When we are grateful for what God gives us, He gives us more. We also realize how much He truly does bless us. He blesses us in abundance. What a miracle it is to have a grateful heart. 


Cake at Connie's? YES!
So a quick story from last week that I forgot to mention. One night, Sister Wright were out talking to people just before we went in for the night. We were walking by a park when I noticed a man sitting on a bench. He was far off and we were already headed home so I didn't know if we should stop. I got such a strong feeling that we needed to talk to him, so we walk across the field and start up conversation with this man named Glen. I had the strongest impression that I just need to bear my testimony of the Plan of Salvation and how our families can be together forever. So I did. He just stared at me for the longest time and then talked about something else. I didn't know why I was prompted to say that if he didn't need it. But he needed it. He finally mentioned how his daughter had passed away a few years back. He was so sweet and humble and I pray that he can think of my simple testimony often and find hope. 
     
The Elders in our ward had a baptism this week and it was so incredible. It was a baptism in the ocean...so of course it was incredible! I am so grateful that we had the chance to sing at his baptism. It was incredible to sing "Nearer My God to Thee" as I looked out at so many loving faces of our ward and the First Nations community. Devin, who is 13, was just glowing after his baptism. The ocean was so still and the sky was just bursting with color. So neat to feel that sweet spirit. After the baptism, Devin and the other First Nation kids decided they wanted to go swimming. So Devin went swimming in his baptism clothes...haha. They decided it would be super fun to get Sister Wright and me soaked. So they would run in and then run up as fast as they could to hug us. Haha. What a good day! Connie and Laura were both able to come to that so it was really special to share that with them.
   
  We have been able to teach Tabitha a few times this week. She has no religious background whatsoever so we will have to take things really slow. Our first lesson we just talked about who God is and how we can talk to Him through sincere prayer. She was hesitant to say a prayer, but it was so simple and beautiful. She asked so humbly, "Are you there?". She texts us a lot and says how she is constantly praying with her dog, Harley. Oh and we got Tabitha's truck started...miracle. :) It only took us like 20 tries. We did a little happy dance when it finally started....then 10 seconds later...it died. But hey! The next time is started and hasn't died since!
     There was a sweet little moment when a lady invited us in her house and gave us water. It was so hot that day. We asked if we could say a prayer with her before we went. In the prayer, I asked that her and her family would be comforted. After that she just said, "Thank you so much. My husband passed away 6 months ago so we need lots of comfort." What a blessing it is to be instruments in God's hands. 



















So Sister Wright and I went on splitz this week so I could teach a SPANISH LESSON. That's right...a Spanish lesson in Sidney while she taught Christine. Margary is the Spanish lady we met at the bus stop last week. She was so sweet and really wanted to learn more! I had Sister Watson with me, who served in Argentina. So between the 2 of us, we were able to teach the Restoration. What a miracle. She is so sweet. Haha and then Sister Wright told me that Christine's lesson was fantastic. Christine said this, "I was watching tv with my husband, and something came on i just turned to him and said 'I never thought i would say this, but I LOVE GOD. AND I LOVE HIS SON JESUS CHRIST". Oh my goodness, Christine is so awesome and is still looking solid for her baptismal date on the 26 of Sept. Pray for her lots!!
     Laura is still doing awesome! We see her almost everyday and she is just progressing so well! Pray for her lots! She is still struggling to overcome smoking, but I know the Lord will help her! 
     Connie sent us the sweetest text this week after we had FHE at a member's home. She said, "Wow. That was so much fun tongiht. I love the rocket story and finding scriptures. You never cease to amaze me. And yet another cool Mormon family. Thank you for bringing joy back into my life." Connie just radiates. I love her! And I have some awesome news! Connie got a calling in the primary. My heart is so full. She is such an incredible person! I wish you all could meet her. 
     So I want all of you to know that I absolutely have a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and loves us. I feel Him supporting me each and every day on my mission. This work is so hard, and there is no way I could do it alone. I know I don't have to do it alone. I am turning it over to the Lord, and I know He will always be there. I pray that each of you will come to know Him better. If you don't know Him, pray. I've had incredible experiences this week as I talk to all of God's children. I have been picturing them as my family members and friends who don't have the gospel in their lives. As I do this, my love for them grows. My heart and soul desire everyone to have the gospel. I pray that you will each find out just how good God is. And just how amazing life can be as we choose to follow the gospel. After all, it is the only way. 2 Nephi 31:21















Rola & my Dad!
 This is a little part of Rola's letter to me! She is a little girl that my dad met while on his mission. She says,
"You're a Happy Farmer in the Lord's Vineyard, you never really know what role Heavenly Father is putting you to. 
You're preparing the ground, you're planting the seed, you're cleaning the weed, you're trimming the plant, you're harvesting the fruit....
No matter which role you're in now in this area you're serving... Your hard work will never be in vain!!! :)"



Love, Hermana Hoth

No comments:

Post a Comment