Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tue, Oct 13, 2015 (Happy Canadian Thanksgiving on October 12th)!!, eh!!

Dear everyone,

I want to start off by sharing some insights that I got from a conference call that our zone had last night. It was all about sacrifice. One of my favorite examples of sacrifice is Job. In Job chapters 1 and 2, we learn that he literally lost everything. His animals, house, family, etc. Everything! He remained faithful to God and did not let his sorrows and trials stop him from being a disciple of God. In chapter 42:12 of Job, we learn that "the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning." I have learned so much about sacrifice on my mission. Sacrifice truly is the test of a disciple. I have learned that I can't let Satan distract me with the things that I have already chosen to sacrifice. I have also learned that Heavenly Father can't work with things that He doesn't have. Does He have me? It's scary giving up our will and our desires. But I know that as we give everything to the Lord, He will bless us. He will give us so many blessings that we will not have room enough to receive them. I love Mattew 10:39. Sister Huszti shared it with me this week. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." She told me that sometimes we have to be lost. It may be hard to lose ourselves and give all we have to the Lord, but I know that God will support us and bless us. In true to the faith it says, "With an eternal perspective, you can see that giving up the things of the world is really no sacrifice at all. The blessings you receive are greater than anything you ever give up." 

We had some incredible miracles this week. My favorite was when we were stopping by Mayanna to see if we could set up a time to come back and she was gone. We left her a note, and headed back to our car. As we were getting in the car, the Snarrs (senior couple), drove by and we talked to them for a moment. As we were talking to them, Mayanna drove by!!! We asked Sister Snarr if she wanted to come teach a lesson with us and she said yes! So we had an incredible lesson with Mayanna. She is so prepared and so open for the gospel! 

One of the lessons from this week was definitely not a miracle! But it's all good! :) We stopped by our Hungarian investigator for a lesson. We were answering some of the questions she had by showing her verses in the Book of Mormon. As she was reading those verses in Hungarian, she all the sudden stopped, slammed the book closed, and looked up. "That is so offensive to me." Were the only words she said. Apparently one of the words that was explaining the "great and abominable church" in Hungarian was an awful, disgusting word. We apologized and didn't really know what else to say. Sister Huszti was crushed and kept on teaching her even though Klara really didn't want to listen. We kind of settled things down and the last words that Klara said to us were, "You should really talk to the person who translated the Book of Mormon to Hungarian." Haha. Wow...I've never had a lesson like that. We just had to laugh it off...








Haha, I sure love training Sister Huszti.
 She is so sweet and has the strongest testimony. Her English is so simple, but everytime she bears her testimony, the Spirit immediately fills the room. Haha, one of my favorite teaching moments with her this week was when we were role playing a lesson on the plan of salvation while using the pamphlets. She was explaining the Fall of Adam and Eve and how they partook of the fruit so we could be so happy. She went on and on about how this life is all about finding joy. Then she finally flips the pamphlet page to "our life on earth" to explain more about how we're supposed to be happy. The only problem is that the picture that goes along with that section is a picture of the saddest girl in the whole world. We died laughing. Ha...we are learning so much together! And I am so impressed at how much Sister Huszti has grown! Good thing the Lord is the one that's really training her!

So Canadian Thanksgiving. Definitely not as good as American Thanksgiving. We were so blessed to be able to go to the Draper's home for dinner. It was like home, we were all laughing and telling great stories! At the end we shared a message. Everyone said what they are grateful for and I was able to share my testimony about serving a mission and how blessed I have been. I told them my ponderizing scripture 3Ne 5:13. And my new one is Matthew 19:26. It was such a powerful experience for me! The Spirit was so strong!


Thanksgiving at the Drapers! Emma Holmes leaves for her mission in England this week! So much love for her!!! Canadian Thanksgiving is not as good. 

Well I love you all so much and am so grateful for your love and support! Have a great week!

Love, Hermana Hoth






No comments:

Post a Comment